Join us for our one and ONLY outdoor concert this year featuring the ONE and ONLY Rainey Gallagher and the Deraney Band! We’re putting a few new twists on our Meet Me at The Plaza event that we hope you’ll enjoy. We want to get you engaged and choose the songs that you want to hear during this Jukebox Hero Challenge. Be on the lookout for our Facebook polls and vote for the songs you’d like to hear at this concert. The first two polls were on Patsy Cline songs and Georgia-themed songs/artists. Visit the Meet Me at the Plaza event on our Facebook page to vote now!
Concert and Venue Details
- This is a FREE event for the community! We want everyone to come out and enjoy some music at The Plaza!
- This is an outdoor concert. The band performs on the steps of The Plaza under the canopy.
- Bring your blankets, tables, and chairs. Pick a spot on the lawn and enjoy the show! Get involved with our Juxebox Hero Community Challenge!
- Gates open at 6:00 and the show starts at 7:00. There will be one 15-minute intermission and the show ends around 10 pm.
- NEW: VIP Member “lounge” – Plaza Members (silver and above) are invited to join us in the reception hall at 6:00p before the show for some FREE food and a cash bar. Look for a member email coming soon with more details and RSVP!
- NEW: There will be some VIP premium tables and chairs set up closer to the stage (on the driveway) that are $25 per seat. Our Plaza Partners (silver and above) get first dibs on these seats – free of charge. The rest will be open to the general public for purchase beginning July 1.
- FOOD: You’re welcome to bring your own food, but we’ll also be selling BBQ for those that want to take it easy, and let someone else do the grilling.
- DRINK: You’re also welcome to bring your own drinks. 44 Draft House & Growler Bar will be on site with two varieties of ice cold beer for purchase. Silver+ Plaza Partners will also have access to cash bar in the reception hall.
- NEW: We’re inviting some special guest performers to join Rainey and the Deraney Band on the stage!
- Stay tuned for more updates!
What’s this Jukebox Hero Challenge??
We want you to help determine the set list for the show! Put some money towards the song(s) you want to hear. There are three ways to participate in our fundraising Jukebox Challenge. Be a HERO and help us out with a donation, and then benefit by hearing the amazingly talented Rainey Gallagher and The Deraney Band perform the songs on Friday, August 16.
OPTION #1 – SONG DEDICATION – COST: $100
Choose a song off the set list and dedicate it to your husband, wife, parents, kids, teacher, friend, neighbor…whomever you’d like to honor. You’ll get up to 100 words to tell that special someone what they mean to you on a big screen the night of the event! You also have the option to include a photo. This dedication will appear during the song of your choice. Only 10 songs for dedications will be offered – so act fast! *Song dedications must be in before August 10 so we have time to put together the copy/photos that will be shown during the event. Scroll down or click here for a list of song dedications to choose from! If the song you want to dedicate is NOT on the list, please consider option #2.
OPTION #2 – SONG REQUEST – COST: $250
Want to hear Rainey sing a song NOT on the set list? Want to hear James Deraney perform something totalllllly different? Feel free to think outside the box here and have them perform ANY song! Maybe a totally different genre from their comfort zone. Or maybe that special song that you just Reaaaaallllly want Rainey and the band to sing for you! They’ll do their best to learn and perform this special tribute during the show! ONLY 3 SONG REQUESTS – so act REALLY Fast! *All song request donations must be in by July 10 so the band has time to learn and rehearse! Call the Plaza or download/print this form for (song dedications and requests) and return to The Plaza with Payment. Or order online!
OPTION #3 – Second Half Set List – Driven by LIVE donations – COST: NO LIMIT!
During the first half of the event, from 6:00 pm – 8:15 or so, you’ll have the opportunity to donate money towards the top songs based on weeks of community polls/voting leading up to the event. The polls take place on Facebook. Vote once per poll here! (you may need to scroll down to see the past weeks polls.) The songs with the most funds raised will be performed by Rainey, Special Guests, and the band during the second half. This is an exciting community event that we hope you’ll enjoy and participate. Did we mention this is a FREE event?! So please take that ticket money we saved you, and bid on your favorite song(s) and see the show unfolds! Be a Jukebox Hero and support The Plaza with your votes! See you at The Plaza!
Special Guest Performers
1. Juli Deraney Malcom is the daughter of The Deraney Band guitarist, James Deraney, and is a highly requested guest vocalist with The Deraney Band. Juli was a music teacher/chorus teacher in both Baldwin County and Putnam County Schools. In more recent years, you’ve known her as the Music Teacher at Lake Oconee Academy. We are so thankful she agreed to apply her time and talent to the Jukebox Hero event. She’s a hero in OUR book!
2. TBA SOON!
3. TBA SOON!
4. TBA SOON!
Meet Me at The Plaza is sponsored by Farmers & Merchants Bank.