Join us for our one and ONLY outdoor concert this year featuring the ONE and ONLY Rainey Gallagher and the Deraney Band! We’re putting a few new twists on our Meet Me at The Plaza event that we hope you’ll enjoy. We want to get you engaged and choose the songs that you want to hear during this Jukebox Hero Challenge. Be on the lookout for our Facebook polls and vote for the songs you’d like to hear at this concert. The first two polls were on Patsy Cline songs and Georgia-themed songs/artists. Visit the Meet Me at the Plaza event on our Facebook page to vote now!
Concert and Venue Details
- This is a FREE event for the community! We want everyone to come out and enjoy some music at The Plaza!
- This is an outdoor concert. The band performs on the steps of The Plaza under the canopy.
- Gates open at 6:00 and the show starts at 7:00 and ends around 10 pm.
- Bring your blankets, tables, and chairs. Pick a spot on the lawn and enjoy the show! Get involved with our Juxebox Hero Community Challenge!
- NEW: There will be some VIP premium tables and chairs set up closer to the stage (on the driveway) that are $25 per seat.
- NEW: VIP Member “lounge” – Plaza Members are invited to join us in the reception hall at 6:00p before the show for some complimentary refreshments and a cash bar. Look for another email coming soon with more details and RSVP!
- FOOD: You’re welcome to bring your own food, but Georgia Butts BBQ will also be on-site with BBQ plates for sale.
- DRINK: You’re also welcome to bring your own drinks. 44 Draft House & Growler Bar will be on site with two varieties of ice-cold beer for purchase. Plaza Partners and VIPs will also have access to the cash bar in the reception hall.
- NEW: We’re inviting some special guest performers to join Rainey and the Deraney Band on the stage! See below.
- This is the 20th anniversary of our Meet Me at The Plaza outdoor concert! Be sure to join us for this special anniversary event sponsored by Farmers & Merchants Bank!
What’s this Jukebox Hero Challenge??
We want you to help determine the setlist for the show! Just like a real Jukebox, on Friday, August 16 we’ll be asking you to put some money towards the song(s) you want to hear. After weeks of polling on Facebook, we’ll be building the final challenge off on the top voted songs. There are a few ways to be a HERO with your donations!
SONG DEDICATION – $100 Donation
Choose a song off the setlist and dedicate it to your husband, wife, parents, kids, teacher, friend, neighbor…whomever you’d like to honor. You’ll get up to 100 words to tell that special someone what they mean to you on a big screen the night of the event! You also have the option to include a photo. This dedication will appear during the song of your choice.
CONCERT SETLIST – Driven by YOUR Donations on August 16!
During the event, you’ll have the opportunity to vote with your dollars to determine the final setlist! Donate money towards the top songs based on weeks of community polls leading up to the event. The polls are all on Facebook. Vote once per poll here! (you may need to scroll down to see the past weeks polls.) The songs with the most funds raised will be performed by Rainey, Special Guests, and the band during the show! This is an exciting community event that we hope you’ll enjoy and participate. Did we mention this is a FREE event?! So please take that ticket money we saved you (bring cash!) and bid on your favorite song(s). We can’t wait to see the show unfolds. We love rock & roll….so put another dollar in the jukebox, baby…That’s right. Be a Jukebox Hero and support The Plaza with your votes! See you at The Plaza!
Special Guest Performers
Meet Me at The Plaza is sponsored by Farmers & Merchants Bank.